John is an associate in the firm’s litigation department and health care practice group. He concentrates his practice on defense of medical malpractice claims.
John’s work for clients includes:
- Defending practices and local health care providers in medical malpractice suits;
- Taking and defending depositions of plaintiffs and expert witnesses; and
- Researching and drafting pre-trial and dispositive motions at the circuit court level.
Pertaining to general litigation, his experience includes:
- First chair in 14 jury trials at the circuit court level;
- First chair in more than 20 bench trials at district and circuit court levels;
- Arguing countless motions in district and circuit court; and
- Serving on three trial teams for cases covered by national news.
He also served as a prosecutor with the Baltimore City State’s Attorney’s Office. Prior to that, he served as a law clerk for The Honorable Timothy J. Doory, Judge in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City.
John is a graduate of the University of Baltimore School of Law, where he served as the Symposium Editor of the University of Baltimore Law Review.
John served on the board of directors for Beyond Limits, a non-profit that helps the parents of children with disabilities navigate the special education system of Maryland’s public schools. In addition, while working at the Baltimore City State’s Attorney’s Office, he was a founding member of the Gun Violence Enforcement Division.
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2014)
- University of Baltimore (M.A., 2009)
- Towson University (B.S., 2004)
- State of Maryland
- Bar Association of Baltimore City, member, 2019-present; co-chair Young Lawyer Division Membership Committee, 2015-2016
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys' Association, 2019-present
- Beyond Limits, Board of Directors, 2015-2019
- Maryland State Bar Association, 2014-2015