Steve practices estate and trust planning, probate, and estate litigation, as well as tax, business, and health law. He is counsel to approximately 100 physicians and physician groups. He actively represents his clients in:
- mergers and acquisitions
- succession planning
- employment agreements (including covenants not to compete)
- deferred compensation arrangements
- tax planning
He practices before the Maryland Health Care Commission and various boards established by the Health Occupations statutes. He also assists physicians and various entities with establishing ambulatory surgery centers.
Steve is a member of the American Bar Association, Maryland State Bar Association, and Baltimore Estate Planning Council, as well as a life member of the American Health Lawyers Association. He is also an accredited estate planner and has lectured on advanced estate planning for the American College.
He is AV® Peer Review Rated for his health care, contracts, and corporate law practice, which is the highest possible peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law (J.D., 1960)
- University of Maryland (B.A., 1957)
- State of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- U.S. Tax Court
- Maryland State Bar Association, Estate and Trust Law, Business Law, and Health Law Sections
- Baltimore Estate Planning Council
- American Health Lawyers Association, Life Member