La'Tika is an associate in the firm's litigation department. She is participating in all phases of the litigation process, including discovery, settlement conferences, motion practice, and trial. She is involved in multiple areas of firm’s litigation practice, including general commercial litigation and medical malpractice, tort, and personal injury defense.
La'Tika was a summer associate at the firm prior to graduating, magna cum laude, from the University of Baltimore School of Law. She served as staff editor of the University of Baltimore Law Review and a research assistant for business law related projects. While at law school, she was also a member of the following organizations: National Black Law Students Association, National Lawyers Guild, and Family Law Association. She also participated in a civic advocacy clinic as a Rule 19 Student Attorney, where she successfully represented low-income individuals and community organizations in landlord-tenant related civil actions, including an action filed in Canada’s Provincial Court. As a student attorney, she also participated in the Pro Bono Resource Center’s Consumer Protection Project to represent consumers in district court. In her final year of law school, La'Tika served as a Maryland State Bar Association – University of Baltimore Fellow, where she conducted research for Maryland law revisions and other projects of the Maryland State Bar Association Business Law Section. Finally, she was also a law clerk for the Maryland Legal Aid Bureau and an intern at the Baltimore City State’s Attorney’s Office.
As one of the top students in her graduating class, she was inducted into the school’s Royal Graham Shannonhouse Honor Society. The University of Baltimore also honored her for attaining the highest grade in both her Business Organizations course and her Race and the Law Seminar.
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2019)
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore (B.S., summa cum laude, 2015)
- State of Maryland
- Fannie Angelos Program for Academic Excellence, Scholar
- Royal Graham Shannonhouse Honor Society
- Maryland State Bar Association, Business Section
- National Black Law Student Association
- National Society for Collegiate Scholars, President, 2016
- Alpha Phi Sigma, Criminal Justice Honors Society, Treasurer, 2016
- Golden Key honors Society