Matt is an associate in the litigation department and health care practice group. In his health care practice, he represents physicians, psychiatrists, hospitals, and other health care clients in general liability and medical malpractice litigation. His experience includes handling all aspects of pre-trial and trial preparation and developing litigation strategies in these cases as well second-chairing jury trials.
Matt’s work for health care clients includes:
- Defending a medical provider in medical malpractice action brought by the estate of a former patient against a claim of failure to timely diagnose urinary tract infection;
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of a psychiatry office in a medical malpractice action brought by the estate of a former patient; and
- Defending a veterinarian against a consumer-filed complaint before the Maryland State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners involving a failure to have policies and protocols in place to handle aggressive animals and the dispensing of prescription medication.
In his general and real estate litigation practice, he represents individuals and businesses in contract disputes, real property controversies, real estate transactions, and commercial collections.
His work in these areas include:
- Representing a landlord of commercial properties in drafting and amending numerous commercial leases; and
- Representing clients in a number of actions in court involving commercial real estate and leasing disputes.
Matt graduated from the University of Baltimore School of Law, where he was a member of the National Environmental Moot Court Team and the Moot Court Executive Board. Following graduation, he clerked for the Honorable Mickey J. Norman in the Circuit Court for Baltimore County, where he analyzed trial pleadings and papers, and drafted judicial memorandum orders and opinions on a wide range of criminal and civil matters. He is admitted to practice in the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Matt is chair of the Historical Committee for the Baltimore County Bar Association. He currently serves on the School Board of the Immaculate Heart School in Towson, Maryland. He is a member of the Advisory Board for the Business Volunteers Maryland’s GIVE program, which connects professionals with non-profit organizations in Baltimore. He is also a member of the University of Delaware alumni admission program.
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- University of Delaware (B.A., 2010)
- State of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Superior Court, District of Columbia
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association, DC/MD Chapter
- Business Volunteers Maryland GIVE Program, Advisory Board, 2019-present; GIVE Alumni Committee, 2017-2018
- Immaculate Conception School, Board of Directors, 2018-present
- University of Delaware Volunteer Admissions
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- Baltimore County Bar Association, Historical Committee chair, 2017-2019
- Boys Hope Girls Hope, chair, Young Professional Committee, 2014-2018; Board of Directors, 2014-2018
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Young Lawyers Alumni Council and Executive Committee, 2018