Tydings has a long history of representing some of the best known automotive manufacturers. We have taken leadership roles in regional and national litigation, often in cases that span multiple jurisdictions. We have advocated on behalf of manufacturers and distributors at trial and on appeal, in federal and state courts. We also investigate national distribution and franchise issues.
Claims we have handled commonly involve complex mechanical issues, warranties, lemon laws, fraud, deceptive trade practices, and an array of consumer complaints. Thanks to our decades of experience in this industry, we have a clear understanding of how to defend against and resolve such claims, whether by trial or alternative means.
Our relationships with experts in the automotive industry and related fields allow us to manage the most technical matters thoroughly and efficiently. We are familiar with all applicable state and federal laws, and we understand plaintiffs’ lawyers who litigate against the automotive industry, their litigation tactics, and how to stop them.
We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients. Given our long association with our clients’ legal departments, we value in-house lawyers as colleagues. Our goal is to keep them fully informed and in control so that they, in turn, can keep management informed and aware of events. We are equipped to comply with all planning, budget, and billing requirements.
Issues we handle for clients include:
- Antitrust Counseling and Litigation
- Grey-Market Issues, After-Market Practices
- Franchising and Distribution
- State and Federal Trade Regulation
- Truth-in-Lending Act Claims and Discriminatory Pricing Issues
- Lemon Laws, Warranty Laws, and other Consumer Protection Matters
- Zoning, Facilities Acquisition, and Financing
- Product-Allocation Issues
- Employment Law
- Taxation, including Inventory, State and Local Income Tax, and Sales Tax
- Privacy Issues
- Commercial Bribery
- Creditors’ Rights
- Automobile Dealers’ Day in Court Act and other Legislative Matters
- Product Liability Litigation