Casey is an associate in the firm’s litigation department and health care practice group. He has experience representing health care providers in medical malpractice suits, large businesses in premises liability and personal injury matters, and employers in a variety of employment litigation including, wrongful discharge, discrimination, and retaliation.
His experience includes:
- Obtaining a dismissal of a medical malpractice claim against a health care practitioner;
- Defending an international hotel chain against a claim of discrimination in public accommodations under federal and state discrimination statutes;
- Defending a national hotel chain against a claim of breach of contract and specific performance;
- Representing Maryland and D.C. elevator maintenance companies against personal injury claims; and
- Defending a national rideshare company against personal injury claims arising out of automobile accidents.
Mr. Brinks is admitted to practice in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Brinks served as an Assistant State’s Attorney in Baltimore City, where he prosecuted homicides and other serious felony cases. He has first-chair trial experience in more than 40 cases, including both jury and non-jury trials.
Mr. Brinks graduated summa cum laude, from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2015. Prior to law school, Mr. Brinks was a research analyst at a government consulting firm in Washington, D.C.
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Boston College (B.A., 2010)
- State of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland