Companies turn to Tydings for legal counsel with more than a half century of experience in representing manufacturers. Our clients appreciate our familiarity with the special issues that manufacturers encounter. They appreciate, too, the responsiveness of our attorneys and the efficiency of their services. For some manufacturers, we have become a go-to source for virtually all of their legal needs.
We guide manufacturing companies at all stages of their development, from formation through operations, corporate governance, mergers, and acquisitions. We also litigate products liability cases, employment claims, and antitrust disputes, among other types of cases. We protect our clients’ intellectual property interests, assist in tax and succession planning, and offer sage counsel in all matters related to employment and ownership structure. Our real estate lawyers are well versed in land use and construction matters, including financing, zoning, permitting, and environmental matters.
We also serve as policy and regulatory advocates. We have represented manufacturing clients before governing bodies at the federal and state levels, including the Maryland Public Service Commission, the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission, and many other agencies.
- Defended products liability and warranty cases in courts in Maryland and other mid-Atlantic states involving multiple chemical sensitivity claims, repetitive stress injuries, chemicals, lead paint, pharmaceuticals, toys, exercise equipment, consumer electronics products, industrial machinery, automobiles, and building products;
- Served as counsel to former manufacturers of asbestos-containing products, overseeing their representation in 17 states;
- Defended an international manufacturing company in an eight-week trial brought by the EEOC alleging employment discrimination;
- Defended a major automobile manufacturer in a series of antitrust cases that challenged the manufacturer’s parts distribution practices;
- Represented a major software manufacturer in a monopolization lawsuit against a Fortune 50 company; the case resulted in a landmark settlement of nearly $2 billion;
- Represented a Fortune 100 manufacturing company in sales and use tax litigation;
- Represent a dairy producer/distributor in general business matters, including labor negotiations and tax disputes;
- Represented two families who were co-owners in a local baked goods manufacturer with a national customer base in the sale of their business;
- Defended two brewery companies in separate suits brought by former distributors;
- Represented numerous privately owned manufacturing companies in the sale of their businesses to publicly traded companies;
- Prosecuted trademark infringement litigation on behalf of trademark owners;
- Developed an equity-based compensation systems for non-owner managers of closely held companies;
- Defended the constitutionality of several Maryland statutes that regulate various aspects of petroleum distribution;
- Litigated the validity of state sales-below-cost statutes and regulations; and
- Assisted in the acquisition of a 60-acre energy storage facility, with access to barge, rail, and truck transportation.
We have represented or currently represent the following clients:
- 180s LLC
- 84 Lumber
- Atlantic Richfield Company
- B.W. Hovermill Co.
- Columbia Boiler Company
- Dryvit Systems, Inc.
- Electro-Matic Products Co.
- Greer Industries
- IBM Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- Mercedes-Benz, U.S.A.
- Minster Machine Company
- Novell Inc.
- The Stroh Brewery Company
- STO Corp.
- Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Thos. Somerville Company
- Tobacco Technology, Inc.
- Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
- W.R. Grace & Company