Jaime defends businesses of all sizes in commercial and employment litigation. An advocate who has prevailed in many difficult trials, she has experience in the state and federal courts of Maryland, District of Columbia, and Virginia. She is also adept at negotiating with adversaries to resolve disputes efficiently on behalf of her clients.
She has handled numerous commercial cases, including negligence, insurance coverage, breach of contract, construction, real estate, and leasing disputes. In addition to her commercial litigation practice, Jaime defends employers against employment-related claims, including discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination Act of 1967, violations of the Family Medical Leave Act, and unlawful retaliation.
In recent years, she has:
- First chaired a three-day jury trial defending a minority business enterprise client, a government subcontractor, against an age discrimination claim brought by a former employee; obtained a jury verdict in favor of the employer;
- First chaired a jury trial defending a bank that was sued for negligent handling of a customer’s personal and business accounts. The customer requested damages exceeding $4 million, but was awarded less than 1% of the amount sought;
- Second chaired a jury trial defending a local employer against claims that it violated the FLSA;
- Second chaired a defense win in a jury verdict in federal court for a client facing a claim under the Family Medical Leave Act;
- Defended a hospital in a religious discrimination claim that was resolved on summary judgment in federal court;
- Defended a large national accounting firm in a wage claim that was dismissed on summary judgment in federal court;
- Defended a national beverage manufacturer and distributor against negligence claims; the circuit court jury trial lasted several days and concluded with a defense verdict;
- Since 2007, defended a major manufacturer of cell phones in dozens of cases in state and Federal courts alleging warranty, consumer protection, and products liability claims;
- Served as regular litigation counsel on behalf of an industrial equipment leasing company for which she has resolved numerous leasing disputes; and
- Served as regular local counsel for an automobile dealership financing company, for which she has handled leasing claims in Maryland.
Jaime also has appellate experience. She has briefed and argued before the Court of Special Appeals of Maryland, and briefed before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jaime is a member of the board of directors of the Maryland Chapter of the Federal Bar Association. Additionally, she is a member of the board of directors for Camp Attaway, a non-profit organization that provides a summer day camp for children with emotional and behavioral disorders. She is also an active member of the Defense Research Institute (DRI) and is an appointed member of DRI's Law Institute, where she oversees national seminars on employment law and diversity and inclusion. Additionally, she currently serves on DRI’s Employment and Labor Law Steering Committee and DRI’s Diversity and Inclusion Steering Committee. Previously, she served as the Program Chair for the 2014 Employment & Labor Law Seminar and the Chair of the ADA/FMLA Subcommittee and Program Vice-Chair for the 2013 Employment and Labor Law Seminar.
Jaime is active with the McDaniel College Alumni Counsel, and has served on the Advisory Council of the college’s Women’s Leadership Network, which is dedicated to advancing women through programs and service opportunities. She also provides pro bono legal services through Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service. She served as a member of the board of directors of The Columbia Orchestra.
In 2015, The Daily Record honored her with its VIP – Very Important Professionals Successful by 40 – award. This annual award recognizes professionals based on professional accomplishments, community service, and a commitment to inspiring change.
Prior to joining the firm, she served as a law clerk for The Honorable Arrie Davis of the Court of Special Appeals of Maryland.
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2002) Heuisler Honor Society; Associate Comments Editor, University of Baltimore Law Review
- McDaniel College (formerly Western Maryland College) (B.A., magna cum laude, 1999) Honors Program; Phi Beta Kappa
- State of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- Camp Attaway, Board of Directors, 2018-present
- Federal Bar Association, Maryland Chapter Board of Directors, 2018-present
- DRI, Law Institute appointee, 2014-present
- McDaniel College Alumni Council, 2011-present; Women's Leadership Network and Alumni Association
- Maryland Defense Counsel
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- The Virginia State Bar Association
- The Columbia Orchestra, Board of Directors, 2015-2017
- Howard County Leadership Program, Class of 2015